Mikel Arteta who was the first Arsenal to contact the coronavirus has expresses his fear and the inability to associate with his family and friends as usual. The Spaniard who manages Arsenal football club tested positive for the virus on the 12th of March this year. He contracted the virus after making contact with Evangelos Marinakis, the owner of Greek side Olympiakos.
On Thursday Arteta said he was feeling “completely recovered” and urged people to follow the government’s advice on staying at home. The 38-year-old was said to have recovered from the illness but he is still observing self-isolation as said by the doctors. The former Everton and Arsenal player has expressed his fears saying: “We are in a world here where everything is social media, everything is a WhatsApp text,” the Spaniard said.
“But how important is touching each other, feeling each other and hugging each other? “I miss that with a lot of the people I love. “We have to be emotionally more open. We have to tell each other what we are feeling.” “It’s one virus that is putting the world aside and it’s transforming everything that we prioritize in life. So we have to take that lesson,” he told the Arsenal website.
“We cannot just in two or three months’ time if we are able to get over this quickly, forget about this, because it’s so important.” The manager said his main concern was his three children after his wife and their nanny.
“I am a very positive person and I try to take the moment to say OK, what can we take from this?” Mikel Arteta said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to wake up with my kids and dedicate my time and listen to them. “We are in the household together and we are really enjoying those moments as well.”
Arsenal players were supposed resume training earlier this week but they were not able to because the case of the coronavirus still has not been settled. The resumption date for the player is still postponed and the English Premier League is also scheduled to resume on the 30th of April this year.