Manchester United have come out to say they will fight any attempt to ban their star player Cristiano Ronaldo over the mobile phone incident at Everton in April last season. The clubs head coach Erik ten Hag said on Wednesday that Portugal forward ‘will not accept the Football Association’s ‘improper and/or violent conduct charge.
English F.A Look to Ban Manchester United Forward Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo received a police caution after he knocked a phone out of a fan’s hands in an incident following their defeat last season at Goodison Park. He had been given until Monday evening to respond to the FA charge, which could only be brought following the end of Merseyside Police’s involvement in the case in August.
Manchester United had not stated what Ronaldo’s response was. But the coach said: “We spoke about that and he will not accept it.” The club subsequently clarified Ten Hag’s remarks, saying that Ronaldo would not accept a harsh punishment, which United feel would be unfair, rather than disputing that the incident took place.
Manchester United Supporters’ Trust has come out to say they will take legal action unless more away fans are allowed into the stadium when they play Chelsea later this month.