You must have come across the abbreviation MCM on social media posts on Monday. MCM is an acronym, abbreviation, or slang word meaning “Man Crush Monday.” It is a phrase that accompanies a social media post of a man that posters find attractive or admire. Check out posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Tumblr on Monday, you would definitely see ladies crushing on their men.
Nigerians are not left out in this ‘Monday Fever,’ so the name ringing a bell among Nigerians during the weekend is Joe Aribo. I guess that name must be strange to many people; if you think he’s one of the president’s new appointees, then you are wrong. Joe Aribo is the name on the lips of football lovers in Nigeria. He has scored 2 goals in 2 appearances for the Super Eagles of Nigeria, the recent being the only goal by the African against the 5-time world champion, Brazil, in an international friendly match played in faraway Singapore.
Aribo’s goal was the main highlight of the match; he smashed the ball into the net after evading Barcelona’s Arthur and PSG’s Marquinhos to send Nigerians to wild jubilation. The goal brought reactions from the football world, one of which has already compared him with legendary Nigerian number 10, Jay-Jay Okocha. Aribo’s magic on the field of play united Nigerians once again as we all celebrate his goal, despite these times, making him be our Man Crush Monday.
Here are things to know about our MCM (Joe Aribo):
- His full name is Joseph Oluwaseyi Temitope Ayodele-Aribo.
- He is a professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Scottish club Rangers.
- Aribo is 23-years old (born 21st of July 1996).
- Born to Nigerian parents, Joe was born in Camberwell, London, England.
- He had the option of representing the ‘Three Lions of England’ but pledged allegiance to his fatherland Nigeria.
- He scored his debut for the Nigerian national team in an international friendly match against Ukraine which ended 2-2.
- Joe played club football for Charlton Athletics in England for four seasons (2015-2019) scoring 14 goals in 81 appearances before signing for Steven Gerrard’s tutored side, Rangers of Scotland.
- He has been tipped by Nigerians to become the long-awaited replacement for the Nigerian number 10, Jay-Jay Okocha.
- Joe was nicknamed ‘The English Yaya Toure‘ by the Charlton Athletics fans due to his style which is like that of the former Manchester City star.
- Joe Aribo is 6ft0 in (1.83m) in height which makes a threat in aerial balls.
The lanky and stylish Aribo is definitely a top shot for the ladies. We can’t but look forward to a bright future in the colors of the Super Eagles as well as in his club career. You are free to crush on our #MCM.
Thanks for taking the time to read this piece.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.