Jurgen Klopp Admits Carlo Ancelotti is a Threat in EPL
Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton can become “the next proper challenger” to Liverpool in the Premier League, according to Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp. The Toffees are currently topping the English Premier table with four wins from four games under the Italian manager Ancelotti, who was appointed last year in December. They will be hosting champions Liverpool in the first Merseyside derby on Saturday.
According to the Liverpool boss, he said: “What I think about Carlo Ancelloti was never a secret. I couldn’t respect him more. He’s a wonderful human being.” “When I heard he was going to sign for Everton I thought ‘Uhhh, the next proper challenger in line’.”They did the perfect business in the summer. They found exactly the players that they needed to improve an already pretty good football team.
“Together, getting more used to what Carlo wants them to do makes them a pretty strong team.” The former Napoli and Bayern Munich coach succeeded Marco Silva as Everton boss, having won league titles in Italy, Germany, France and England, with Chelsea in 2009-10. After strengthening their midfield this summer with the signings of James Rodriguez, Allan and Abdoulaye Doucoure, they have a 100% record from seven games in all competitions this season. They have scored 24 goals, with newly capped 23-year-old England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin netting nine of them, including two hat-tricks.
Klopp also talked of Calvert-Lewin and said he really expected him to make big steps in the next few years and he did, the manager said Lewin has everything you need in a top striker: size, mobility, speed, desire, technically really, really good, in the air, finishing with his head, both feet.