If you live in Northern Nigeria and haven’t tasted Burabisco, then I don’t really know what you have been consuming. Burabisco, also called Brabisco, is one of the most common delicacies in Northern Nigeria.
It is a quick and easy meal made by the Hausa people. The ingredients used in making this delicacy makes it a tasty and nutritious meal. It is a perfect meal for your lunch because of its ease of preparation. When you need something to fill in during work time, try Burabisco. You’ll definitely add this delicacy to your menu once you taste it.
The list of ingredients for Burabisco include garri, vegetables, onions, chicken (shredded), butter, groundnut oil, seasoning cubes, garlic, ginger and chili pepper.
Method of Preparation
- The first step in preparing this meal is to wash and season the shredded chicken with ginger, garlic, and seasoning cube.
- Heat up the butter and groundnut oil in a pan on a medium heat then stir in the shredded chicken.
- Sprinkle the chili pepper and add seasoning to get your desired taste. Once your chicken is fried in the hot oil, add the vegetables and stir in.
- Prepare your garri by adding water to it in a bowl. Stir with a fork so it doesn’t form a solid mold.
- Pour in your chicken and vegetables into the bowl of garri and stir very well till you have a perfect mixture.
Your Burabisco can then be served warm. Enjoy this meal with soft drinks and thank me later. Bon appetite!