Ah, your golden twenties. When you thought you had gotten over the challenges of your twenties, then comes this new stage with its challenges. But not to worry, You can win at life during this stage. Here are some guidelines
1. Don’t spend too much time on Instagram trying to decide if Hudson or Valencia is the more aesthetically pleasing filter on your picture. Don’t spend too much time on Instagram comparing your life to others through pictures. Don’t spend too much time on Instagram. Your mental health, data, and pocket will thank you.
2. Make certain that you have some real friends who will tell you if you’re screwing up, regardless of whether you want to hear or not. “Yes men” will have you believing your sh-t don’t stink, but rest assured — it does. Have friends who accept you for who you are but push you to get better.
3. Don’t allow your mood to be directly linked to your bank account balance. Easier said than done but you can do it!
4. If you get a whatsapp message out of the blue by 9pm that reads something along the lines of, “Hey, it’s been a long time, wanna meet?”, don’t answer. You are more than a booty call
5. Make a legitimate effort to have too good of a time today to worry about tomorrow.
6. Remember that the answer to every question you don’t ask is ‘no,’ and start asking more often — no matter the context.
7. Spend more money on experiences and less on material things. (e.g. If a one week trip to Ghana will cost you 350k and thats the same price for some new gadget, you should go for the experience.)
8. Try to keep in mind that while all good things must come to an end, so must the bad.
9. Whether it’s big or small, always have something to look forward to. It’s essential to help you get through things.
10. If you have to contact a girl/guy first every-single-time, take the hint, cut the ties and keep it moving.
11. Avoid reading comment sections on the internet( Here’s looking at look at you Instablog9ja), especially if you’re sensitive. You’ll lose all hope for civilisation.
12. Avoid physical altercations at all costs. We’re too old for fighting — use your words. This isn’t primary/secondary school where fighting got you sent to the principal’s office, you risk going to jail or worse.
13. Save money whenever it’s possible, because as soon as you think you’re ahead money-wise, something expensive will break.
14. Always listen and ruminate, but never make important decisions based off of advice from someone who isn’t going to have to face the consequences.
15. Stand Up for something. Be passionate about a cause be it women’s health, child rights, equality or what not. Live for something other than yourself.