World Health Organisation, WHO reacts through Regional Director for Africa, Dr Matshidiso Moeti, in response to prevailing reports of four suspected Ebola deaths.
WHO reacts to loss of more lives to Ebola in Guinea
Moeti, in a tweet on Sunday, expressed genuine concern over the development that has taken place in Guinea.
EveryEvery.ng had reported that Guinea’s Ministry of Health had said that four people died of Ebola in a resurgence of the disease that first emerged five years ago.
She said “WHO is ramping up readiness and response efforts to this potential resurgence of Ebola in West Africa, a region which suffered so much from Ebola in 2014.’’
Meanwhile, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) recorded a fresh Ebola case in the North Kivu province of the country.
WHO stated that DRC announced that a new Ebola case had been detected in Butembo, a city in North Kivu Province, where a previous outbreak was declared in June 2020.