The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha, has described the news making the round that Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari had been sacked as fake.
Mustapha, who spoke through the Director of Information, Office of Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Willie Bassey, said such a report was not true and should be disregarded.
According to him, the statement is a “Fake news” as the Office of the SGF does not sign releases like the one in circulation.
Bassey said “Is this how we send our releases? Have you ever sighted a release ever written by the SGF? I am not aware of the claim.”
There was a sack letter in circulation on social media last Wednesday, said to have been from the SGF, announcing the sack of Kyari.
The release being circulated stated that: “The termination of the appointment of Mr. Abba Kyari took immediate effect. And the President has appointed Alhaji Babagana Kingibe as the new Chief of Staff (C0S). “The President thanked Mr. Abba Kyari for his absolute loyalty to him and to the nation during the period he served as his CoS. He prayed to God for his speedy recovery.
Meanwhile, many Nigerians on Twitter have been inquisitive about the whereabouts of the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari since he tested positive for COVID-19.