Lagos state has recorded another case of Coronavirus aside from the Italian man that was reported as the first case in Nigeria.
Everyeveryng gathered that the new case is independent of the index case – an Italian.
The affected person is a 30-year-old Nigerian lady who returned from the United Kingdom on March 14.
According to the Lagos State Ministry of Health, the lady was at Mainland General Hospital receiving care as at the time of filing this report.
Meanwhile, the Federal Government says it has no plans to impose travel restrictions on visitors from countries where coronavirus continues to spread rapidly.
However, Nigeria has decided to screen visitors entering the country from China (where the disease originated last year), Japan, Iran, Italy, Germany, France, South Korea, and Spain.
The virus was brought to Nigeria by an Italian man who arrived in Lagos aboard a Turkish Airlines plane on February 24.
He travelled from Lagos state to Ogun before he was quarantined in the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba, Lagos.
Addressing a press conference in Abuja, the Minister of State for Health, Dr Olorunnibe Mamora, said the FG decided to screen visitors from the eight countries after the World Health Organisation declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.