Monday is always agog with MCM, meaning Man Crush Monday. It comes with a hashtag to make social media post about a man that poster finds attractive or that people admire to trend. Rotimi Akinosho is the pick for this Monday, you just have to crush on him.
Rotimi Akinosho commonly referred to as ‘Rotimi’ is an actor, musician, and model. If you’re a music fan, you would’ve come across this name in the music group G-Unit, headed by rapper Curtis Jackson a.k.a 50 Cent and Empire Music label22.
If you’re a lover of the screen, Rotimi Akinosho is the regular character in the US TV series ‘Power.’ He played the role of Andre ‘Dre’ Coleman, a high tempered protégé of the main character, James ‘Ghost’ St. Patrick. He has featured in several other movies and has modeled for a top clothing line in the United States where he resides.
Here are 10 things to know about our man crush, Rotimi Akinosho:
- He was born Olurotimi Akinosho and is professionally known as Rotimi.
- He is a Nigerian-American actor, singer, and model.
- Rotimi was born on the 30th of November 1988 in Maplewood, New Jersey, United States of America.
- Rotimi was born to Nigerian parents; his father is an investment banker of Yoruba origin and his mother a doctor of Igbo origin.
- He attended Columbia High School and Northwestern University where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Communication with a minor in Business in 2010.
- Rotimi started his acting career in the film ‘Boss’ (2011-12). He acted the character Darius Morrison, a drug dealer.
- He has since starred in many high grossing films which include Betrayal (2013), Black Nativity (2013), Imperial Dreams (2014), Divergent (2014), Deuces (2016), Power (2015-present), and so on.
- Rotimi, who said in an interview that his mother knew he was going to be in the entertainment business before he was even born, is also a contemporary R&B artist and has performed on stage with the likes of Jennifer Hudson, T.I, Estelle, and so on.
- As a model, Rotimi is the lead/spokesperson of rapper T.I’s AKOO clothing line.
- Rotimi was earlier in a relationship (2012-2015) with Karrine Steffans, a video vixen who was said to lose her pregnancy for the screen star.
You’re free to crush on our #mcm. Thanks for taking your time in reading this piece.