The Managing Director of the Lekki concession Company, LCC, Yomi Omomuwasan, has appealed to Lagosians to desist from the planned protest tagged Occupy Lekki Toll Gate scheduled to hold on February 13.
Omomuwasan said the LCC’s attention had been drawn to media reports that two different groups planned to demonstrate following the Lagos Judicial Panel’s decision to reopen the Toll Gate.
The LCC stated that it cooperated with the panel and made a strong representation through the Company’s lawyer concerning the Lekki Toll Gate reopening.
Omomuwasan stressed that LCC’s intent for requesting the reopening of the Toll Gate was to evaluate the damages, process insurance claims and rebuild the burnt facilities before the commencement of operations.
Lekki Concession Company
He said the Lagos Concession Company need to commence operations to ensure loan repayment and other financial obligations.
Everyevery.ng had reported that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, issued a stern warning to EndSARS protesters planning to stage a fresh protest.
Speaking on the planned protest, the Minister revealed that the federal government has said that security agencies are ready to stop another version of the EndSARS protests.
According to him, the government would not tolerate any protest to block the Lekki Toll Gate, adding that demonstrations are constitutionally allowed only in designated places but not toll gates.
The Minister said the security agents are ready for any eventuality, adding that looting, killing of innocent civilians, and razing private and public property would not happen again.