Heard about the Google Arts and Culture app? Whichever case, there is a new feature that is sure to excite. You must have plenty selfies you like but have you considered seeing your image as a work of art? Google makes framing your image easy with the with the Arts and Culture app, available on Android and iOS.
The app takes a selfie you should and runs it through a database of artworks shared by institutions in partnership with the Google cultural program. It will then present you with the top matches, with a percentage indicator to show how close the match is with your face.
The app though has a lot of other interesting features. The Arts and Culture app has a Chrome extension that allows one set new tabs to open with a different work of art every day. Here is how you can use the face matching feature.
- Download Google Arts and Culture from the Google Play or iOS App Store.
- Open the app and scroll down to the Selfie and Portrait Section. Tap “Get Started”.
- Accept to acknowledge that the app is sending your photo to Google Servers. Google though claim to delete the image after the match is complete.
- Tap the Shutter button to take a picture. You may need to grant the app certain permissions.
- Swipe left and right through the match previews at the top to see your options. The “i” button will allow you to learn more about your matched art work.
- Tap “Share” to be able to post your image on social media.