The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the number one aviation regulatory body in Nigeria has released a list of items prohibited for passengers. This is done to ensure safety among passengers and to protect lives and property in all airports across the country. The prohibited items are not allowed either at the airport or on the plane. The following items are not allowed in the Security Restricted Area (SRA) or Enhanced Security Restricted Area (ESRA). They are as follows:
- GUNS AND FIREARMS: Blasting cap, dynamite, fireworks, flares (in any form), hand grenade, plastic explosives, realistic replica of explosives, and anything marked so as to indicate that it is, or contain an explosive, whether capable of producing a practical effect by explosion or not.
- TOOLS: Axes and hatchets, cattle prods, crowbars, hammer, drill and drill bits, saw, tools of any length, screwdrivers, wrenches and pliers of any length, and household cutlery.
- SPORTING OBJECTS: Baseball bats, bows and arrows, cricket bat, golf club, darts, hockey stick, lacrosse sticks, billiards, snooker or pool cue, ski poles, spear guns, and other items with reasonable consideration.
- EXPLOSIVE/FLAMMABLE ITEMS: Fuels (including cooking fuels and flammable liquid fuel), gases (isobutylene, liquefied gas, usually in lighter or butane), hair cooling appliances, gas torches, gasoline, flammable solids, fire lighter, hexamine, oxidizing material, turpentine and paint thinner strike and realistic replica of incendiaries.
- DISABLING CHEMICALS: Chlorine for spa and pool, compressed gas cylinder, poisons, paint spray cans, warfarin (rat poison), spillable bleach, spillable batteries, spray paint, tear gas, radioactive-isotopic samples, miscellaneous, any other commodity that by its nature could cause change to property or injury to persons.
- MARTIAL ART/SELF DEFENCE ITEM: Billy clubs, blackjacks, brass knuckles, kubaton, pepper spray, martial art weapons, nightsticks, hunchakus, stunts gun/shocking device, and throwing sticks.
- SHARP OBJECTS: Box cutter, ice pick/axes, sabers, knives with blades of any length, razor-types blade, screwdrivers, scissors, swords, knitting, and crochet needle, and hypodermic syringes (except on the production of doctors certificate stating medical necessity).
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.