Skip this article if life has never hit you hard. Suppose you’ve never wondered whether you’re genuinely on the right path. If you’ve never had to second-guess your decisions. If there’s never been a day, you sat and wondered what meaning there is to life. Did you skip it? I guess not. Now we can continue.
As human beings, we’re different in many ways and so, we react differently to the hassles in life. Also, our upbringing affects how we respond to the situations we find ourselves in as we grow older. Some people have mastered a way of dealing with things- either by talking about it with someone or just dealing with it personally.
Whether or not you think you’ve mastered a way of dealing with life problems, this conversation is essential. Maybe you can even contribute by letting us know your secret tips in the comments.
Life has dealt with us more than we’d likely admit, and that’s okay. But the thing about not talking about a killing situation is that it makes others who are going through a similar situation think they’re alone and that they’re weird.
Of course, this is not to invalidate those who prefer to keep their problems as low-key as possible for personal reasons. It is just to further let us know that the option of talking about things we’re going through with someone isn’t completely ruled out.
In this article, I’ll share my tips for dealing with tough times. Let’s make it a conversation as other readers, and I will be delighted to learn more on this topic. Keep in mind that we’re all just learning, growing and sharing. Deal? Let’s dive in.
5 Things to do When Life Hits Hard
As a social media savvy, I’ve come across a lot of “Pain is part of life…” quotes and believe me, I may have also written something in that regard. But allow me to officially remind you that just because we’re supposed to see pain as a part of life doesn’t mean that we have to get used to it. I’ll repeat that. Just because pain is part of life doesn’t mean that we have to get used to it.
With that being said, the first thing I do when life hits hard is:
- I Remember To Breath: I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal to read but believe me when I say that finding the time to stop and catch a breath might be one of the hardest things to remember. But it may be one of the most important things you need to do before moving ahead. So there you go; the next time you feel like life is suffocating, please pause and catch a breath.
- I Remember To Remind Me Of How Far I’ve Come: This is why you really should keep a journal or anything that you can use to track your growth. When you look back at the things you’ve achieved, the fond times you’ve had, even the most minor things could bring you joy at your moment of weakness. Remember this.
- I Remember To Communicate With The “Big Guy“: There are indeed situations you find yourself in, and you’ll not even remember “The Lord’s Prayer”. But honestly, there’s this peaceful aura that surrounds you once you’re able to have a conversation about anything you’re going through with God. As someone who has had to deal with her problems alone many times, God is my gist-partner.
- I Remember To Celebrate Myself: Every day, I wake up and get ready to go to work. I’m constantly thinking of how I can better myself and those around me. That’s a big deal, and it is worth celebrating. Even if I wake up and dust the sand off my body, I will celebrate myself. So, remember that celebrating yourself has a way of motivating you to do more.
- I Remember To Rest: Rest is underrated, don’t you agree? Your body needs rest from time to time to be able to serve you satisfactorily. Physically, mentally, emotionally, socially… you should remember to rest. Sometimes, that’s all we need to regain our energy.
These are my go-to routine when life hits hard. Please remember that it doesn’t immediately take all my problems away, but it keeps me sane enough to think of more lasting ways to handle a situation.
Remember the deal? It’s your turn now.