President Muhammadu Buhari has again addressed Nigerians, and a lot of issues were talked about. Since that Coronavirus pandemic invaded our country like it did other before us, President Buhari has been talking to Nigerians more often at least every two weeks for now.
Nigerians waited for his recent nationwide address like no other, so when he started reading his speech most of the country’s residents just wanted to hear what he wanted to say and not what he was not saying.
What Buhari Is Not Saying
1. President Buhari said the lockdown order issued on the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, Lagos and Ogun States had been eased but not until Monday, May 4, 2020. So he is not saying if you reside in these three locations, you should jump out of your house and start moving around town until May 4.
2. When Buhari said from May 4, the lockdown would be over; he did not say you would be free to go out throughout the 24 hours of the day. He said you can go out, but not saying you would be free to do so around 8 pm to 6 am.
3. From the President’s address, you heard that he said businesses would open from May 4, but he is not saying all businesses would open. What he said was that some selected businesses would. So those businesses that would be allowed to open would be those providing essential services.
4. Yes, you can be happy that at least some of the sit at home burden has been removed and you might be able to do some of the stuff you were not able to in the last 24 days, your social life might not be so free yet.
That means, you might not be able to engage in social gatherings just yet and you might not be able to have that party for now. Buhari is not also saying that religious activities can commence either now, or even after May 4.
5. You might have heard President Buhari mention something about movements, yes but non-essential interstate travels would not be allowed just yet. So President Buhari is not saying you can travel to another state for visitation, business, celebrations or whatever.
6. When Buhari said residents of the FCT, Lagos and Ogun states could enjoy a little relaxing of the lockdown order, he is not saying those in Kano State can enjoy the same.
That is because what Buhari was saying is that the residents of Kano State would be under lockdown for the next two weeks.
7. Either you reside in the FCT, Lagos, Ogun, Kano or any other states in Nigeria, what President was reading saying is that we might not be able to live our normal free lives just yet.
What he said was that we would still need to put on facemasks compulsorily when we are in public places.
So if you heard what President Muhammadu Buhari said during his recent address to the nation, you now have gotten a hint on the things he was not really saying.
Most importantly, adhering and taking the things he was not really saying can do a lot of good to containing the Coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria.