Travis Scot concert turns death trap at the Houston music festival on Friday.
The festival was densely packed full as the crowd all surging toward the stage to catch a glimpse of the star were crushed against each other, with eight ending up dead and several others injured.
Saturday morning, the Mayor of Houston, Sylvester Turner, said 25 people were transported to the hospital with various injuries, and five of them were underaged.
The Mayor said though there was mortality, there had been no report of a missing person yet.
Eight Dead and Several Injured in Travis Scot Concert
Two of the dead victims were underaged as four were 21 and 23 years, respectively. A 27-year-old was also killed, and the age of one remains unknown.
The Mayor, in his statement, said there are a lot of unanswered questions. Over the following days or weeks, there will be an in-depth investigation into the event, why it took place, and strategies to implement to stop such incident from repeating itself.
Officials said the Astroworld Festival at NRG Park was sold out with about 50,000 people present at the stadium complex when the incident began just after 9 pm Central Time.
The organizers of the event, Live Nation, issued a statement saying they were “heartbroken for those lost and impacted.”
They said they would continue working to provide assistance and information to the local authorities to investigate the situation.