The entertainment industry is one of the most celebrated in Nigeria as fans supports their favourite celebrities in style and in numbers which forms fan bases.
Music artistes, actresses as well as reality TV stars gets mass followership from fans.
These fans keep to date with their favourite celebrities, chants their names especially on social media as well as fighting (stanning) for their course.
Here are 7 of the biggest fan bases in Nigeria at the moment
- Wizkid FC: This is arguably the biggest fan base in Nigeria. ‘Wizkid FC‘ are the loyal fans and supporters of Nigerian pop-singer, Wizkid. Many of this fanbase is very active on social media and they are known to be updated about the lifestyle of their favourite celebrity. With over 11 million followers on Instagram and 7 million fans on Twitter, Wizkid aka Starboy is surely a colony of the artists’ diehard fans.
- Titans: This particular fan base is for reality TV star and social media personality, Natacha Akide popularly known as Tacha. The self-acclaimed ‘Port Harcourt First Daughter‘ has an army of fans and followers on social media. They make sure their favourite celebrity trend from time-to-time and also do their best to stand for her course.
- 30BG: Davido’s ‘30 Billion Gang’ is top among the list of fan bases in Nigeria. The music star fan base is another army in the Nigerian entertainment industry and can do anything to rival fan bases of other top Nigerian music artistes especially Wizkid & Burna Boy. Davido is one of the most followed African celebrity on Instagram with 18.5 million followers while he has 8.5 million followers on Twitter.
- Marlians: Naira Marley’s fan base, Marlians is another army of fans in Nigeria. Although many of these particular fanbase are not on social media as they belonged to the street, there are ‘Marlians’ on social media that could compete with citizens of Mali called Malians. These people follow the lifestyle of the controversial music as well as spreading his gospel. ‘NM’ as he’s fondly called has over 4 million followers on Instagram.
- Icons: This is one of the fastest growing fan bases in Nigeria which has Big Brother Naija Season 5 winner, Laycon, in the spotlight. The followers and fans of the music artiste/reality TV star came to be after his exploit in the BBN show. His fans base with the symbol; ‘love and light’ has increased both online and offline since then. Laycon has 2.6 million followers on Instagram and over 700k followers on Twitter.
- Mercenaries: This is another fan base built on the platform of the Big Brother Naija reality TV show. Mercenaries are the fans and followers of BBN Season 4 winner, Mercy Eke. Over 2.2 million followers of the professional vixen/business-woman engages her posts on Instagram with over 500k on Twitter.
- Elites: Erica Nlewedim’s ‘Elites’ completes the list of the top fan bases in Nigeria. This particular fan base is one of the most loyal and will do all they can to support the disqualified Big Brother Naija housemate. With over 1.3 million followers on Instagram and over 300k followers on Twitter, ‘Elites’ are one of the fastest growing colony of die-hard celebrity fans in Nigeria.
Other top fan bases include Ninjas (Nengi), Reekaddicts (Reekado Banks), Ravers (Rema), Rebels (Tems), and so on.
Do share your thought about this post in the comment section.