The lockdown worldwide has really hit us differently, but Nigerian music artists haven’t stopped to create social media challenges to keep us going.
Most music today comes with a challenge for music lovers to participate in by using video apps and camera phones.
The stay at home order has hindered many activities, so we just have to be creative enough to get out of boredom. Social media has been put to use this time than ever as we all looked for a way to relate with others when we couldn’t do so due to the pandemic.
Nigerians are the life of the party; we are creative beings who are known all over the world for entertainment. Our music artists most especially have created somethings to make us stay at home.
Top 5 Challenges by Nigerian Music Artists
Here are 5 of the trending social media challenges by Nigerian music artists. You just have to look for one to join in this season of lockdown. They are listed below:
- Bop Daddy Challenge: The Bop Daddy song was released by Nigerian rapper Falz featuring Miss Banks. The song went viral and have been used by many Nigerians in a video challenge. While the song plays at the background, you get colleagues or partner(s) to join in this one which involves you changing your outfit in a creative way. The Big brother Naija’s pepper dem housemate and some female Immigration officers were few of the popular faces in this social media task.
- Know You Challenge: This is one of the most beautiful and trending challenges you would see on social media today. With the help of Tik-Tok video app, you lip-sync to the ‘Know You’ song by Mavins record rapper, Ladipoe and sonorous singer, Simi. This particular social media challenge gets a number of participants by the day. It is a challenge for couples, lovers, partners and the likes. Celebrities who have been involved so far include Don Jazzy & Tacha, Korede Bello & Annie Idibia, Khafi & Gedoni, Ladipoe & Simi, IK Ogbonna & Nadia Buari and so on.
- Let Them Know Challenge: This one is created by African music diva, Tiwa Savage. This comes off the song titled ‘Let Them Know’ that has producer Young John and Joeboy in the collaboration. This is a dance challenge that involves making a number of moves to the new song. You just have to try this if you have to move your body and stay fit at home.
- Options Challenge: This comes from Reekado’s Banks new single featuring Parker Ighile. ‘Options’ is one of the hit songs released during this lockdown and has been incorporated in a social media. Many ladies today have participated in this challenge created by Reekado Banks, who is on lockdown in Gabon. Fans and followers of the ex-Mavin record music star have created something great with this one.
- Eyan Colgate Challenge: This one is created by Nigerian rapper, Vector. ‘Eyan Colgate’ is a track on his newly released Cross Roads EP. Vector got his followers to send a picture of themselves smiling or rather shining their teeth. It was a brilliant one by the Lafiaji rapper as his fans and followers set the internet on fire with their best-smiling pictures. You just have to show your 32 and forget your worries.
This completes the list of the top 5 social media challenges created by Nigerian music artists during this lockdown. You just have to stay at home and participate in one of these beautiful scenes created by these creative Nigerians.
Do stay with us @everyevery.ng for more entertaining pieces. Thanks for reading this piece.