The death of two UNIZIK students has left the campus in a gloomy mood as their bodies were found lifeless in the dormitory.
Their bodies were discovered on Sunday, in a hostel popularly known as William Lodge, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
Sources from the university confirmed to journalists that their bodies (male and female) must have stayed dead for a while because they were discovered with a heavy stench and decay.
However, the parents of the deceased who were present at the tie of filing this report, revealed that they have attempted severally to call their daughter (Adaeze) to no avail.
It was when their calls failed to connect to their daughter the decision to alert the police came to mind and the security personnel resolved to ransack the hostel where they met her door tightly locked.
On forcing the door open, they found the two UNIZIK mates lying dead in the room, which the Spokesperson of the State Police Command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, who confirmed the incident, said the students died from carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes.
Although, he explained that the best way to determine the cause of death would be the result of an autopsy.