The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 said Nigerians should expect massive COVID-19 infections in the next two weeks.
Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and PTF Chairman disclosed this on Tuesday, November 3.
However, he condemned the careless act of travellers failing to present themselves for Coronavirus tests upon arriving in the country.
Mustapha said the PTF had earlier cautioned on the need to avoid complacency.
The PTF also warned on the possibility of a second wave.
The SGF noted that risk perception remains very low and sample collection has been on the decline.
You will recall that the Lagos State government had warned Lagosians on the need to adhere to COVID-19 protocols.
The Commissioner of Health in the state, Professor Akin Abayomi said the warning is on the heels of the second wave of COVID-19 around the world.
Abayomi also expressed concern that the use of face masks, social distancing and hand hygiene had reduced among citizens.
According to him, the resurgence of COVID-19 infection could lead to another round of lockdown of the economy ( read more here).