Zobo is a Nigerian drink made from dried Roselle plant flowers. Zobo is also called Roselle drink and called Sorrel drink in the Caribbean.
The main ingredient of zobo drink is the dried zobo leaves (Roselle plant flowers)
Every other thing that will be added is based on personal preference.
Enough water (depending on the concentration needed)
Before you make the drink, ensure to wash the dried Roselle plant repeatedly in cold water. Because they are sold open, they tend to be very dusty so wash the dust off properly.
Peel the other ingredients fruits and ginger into tiny pieces.
Directions On The Making
1. Put the washed zobo leaves into a deep pot.
2. Add the pineapples and pour enough water to cover the contents and then some more.
3. Start cooking at a medium to high heat and let it boil for 5 minutes
4. Add the ginger and add more water. Allow to boil for 30 minutes more. This is the time it will take the leaves get completely soft and pineapple get tender.
5. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool off completely.
6. When cool, sieve the mixture to extract the juice from the pineapple and zobo leaves, leaving only the juice in the pot.
7. Add any artificial flavours of your choice at this point and stir.
8. Pour into bottles and refrigerate.