Graphic Designer, is about designing. Firstly, Designers are strong observers and lovers of useful and beautiful objects, communications, messages, and experiences. They pay attention as they move through their day. Possessing a hyper-awareness of the visual and textual world around them. Designers make connections and ask questions about how those objects and messages function. What they are, how things look like, their formation, and what they mean.
However, Graphic design is the process of visual communication and problem-solving. This is done through the use of typography, photography and illustration. Hence, Graphic design is seen as a subset of visual communication. And communication design. Although, in regular occasions, the term “graphic design” is used synonymously.
Graphic Designer Job Responsibilities
Graphic Design encompasses the followings as its responsibilities;
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Getting approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Preparing the last layout by marking and posting of finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by working with external agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies.
- adding to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts.
Graphic Design Skills and Qualifications
Finally, Graphic Design skills are enormous. And the include, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Excellent copy-writing skills and experience. Design skills including graphics and web design, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Handles Rejection, Dreamweaver, HTML, CorelDraw, among others.
Should you require assistance in learning or being tutored on Graphic Designs, at affordable rate. Please do not hesitate to contact our specialist team “Intelape” on 08071275661. or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.intelape.com