- The Federal Government said all the demands of the workers are currently being addressed.
The Federal Government has threatened to enforce a no-work, no-pay rule if members of the Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities and Associated Institutions (NASU) and Senior Staff Association of Universities (SSANU) embark on the planned three-day protest.
Reacting to the threats issued by NASU and SSANU, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige said all the demands of the workers are currently being addressed.
According to the Minister, N40 billion has been paid into the account of the National Universities Commission (NUC) for onward disbursement.
Both NASU and SSANU had earlier opined that their protest was to express their displeasure over the refusal of the federal government to address their grievances.
In a statement issued by both SSANU and NASU, the unions said they had resolved to embark on the protest to be held simultaneously at all the branches nationwide from Tuesday to Thursday.
Among the grievances listed by the unions is the non-payment of arrears of their earned allowances, non-payment of arrears of minimum wage, non-payment of arrears of pension and gratuities among others.