News

Coronavirus: Lagos Commissioner Foresees Scary Increase

Coronavirus pandemic is ganging more ground in Nigerian and Lagos State be witnessing a dangerous and scary increase as it remains the country’s epic centre for the virus.

According to the state Commissioner for Health, Akin Abayomi, about 90,000 to 120,000 cases might be recorded in the state by July or August, making it the peak of the Coronavirus spread in Lagos State.

In his chat with journalists on the state Coronavirus spread in the state, he said the state would be expected to reach its peak in months to come, latest by August.

As Abayomi predicted a spike in the state’s number of confirmed Coronavirus cases, he explained that 97 per cent of the cases in Lagos isolation centres are not critical and only the remaining 3 per cent are severe.
He, however, noted that 97 per cent of positive cases at its isolation centres were mild and moderate, adding that only three per cent were severe cases.

The commissioner said the Coronavirus death rate common among males, stressing that males with pre-existing ailments such as diabetes, cancer and hypertension have a higher chance of dying.

It would be recalled that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, yesterday announced the discharge of 42 more patients made of up of 22 males and 20 females, all Nigerians.

Meanwhile, the ten people said to have tested positive for the virus at the Lagos state government house are still at the isolation centres receiving medical attention.

Back to top button
EveryEvery We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
Dismiss
Allow Notifications