In this time and age it is more often we hear of failed marriages than successful ones. Even with celebrity model homes like that portrayed by Banky W and Adesuwa we’re still left with disappoinment at the trajectory it takes after a while.
Despite popular claims, If the proliferation of love on the internet has a causal relationship with the spiking rate of failed marriages, it has not been established. The continued disregard of responsibility and empathy evident in the attitude of adults in this generation can be easily established as one contributor to the state of marriages.
Adesuwa and Banky W are one of the most beloved celebrity couples by Nigerians. They could be referred to as a perfect match especially with their seeming respect for and adoration of, each other.
Recently their marital affair got caught up in a scandal as Banky W was accused by a celebrity blogger of infidelity. The continued reliability of this blog made it hard for Nigerians to relegate the news as a flimsy rumor.
Fans have been anxious wondering what state their marriage has been thrown into because of this alleged discord. Neither of them came out with a rebuttal to the claim but it wasn’t affirmed either. On Sunday, 26th of June, they had a social media conversation that insinuated peace at home.
This has left those concerned in a state of confusion. While the concern and opinions about how their marriage should be handled might be coming from a good place, it is atrocious that instead of offering prayers for the family most people are giving advice that would not lead to peaceful resolution.
The truth about every marriage is that it takes two to tango. If marriages should be 100% at all point and at any point a partner is putting in a 20%, the other should be ready to put in 80% till balance is regained. It is quite impossible for it to be all roses and laughter.
With this in mind, couples should not be expected to break apart at every show of temptations. Couples especially the ones who are celebrities should not have to be accountable to the public always when they need a moment of privacy to sort out and establish their personal life.
It doesn’t matter what has happened between Banky W and Adesuwa if they’re willing to work towards a healthy marriage. They might make public statements but it is not necessary if they think publicity at this point might work against their happiness.
As has been observed by fans, well wishers and the general public these two are maintaining their usual conversational relationship on the internet and this reveals that they are available to work together despite whatever allegation is thrown at them. His message to her on Sunday reveals he is committed to the growth of his marriage rather than its destruction.
If the cheating scandal is true then prayers should be said for them to lessen the burden on Adesuwa and strengthen Banky W’s resolve to remaining faithful from this point forward. Instead of seeking closure from them, fans should provide support.