Boko Haram Returns To Zabarmari
The insurgents inflicted one of the greatest casualty figures in the state by slaughtering no fewer than 78 rice farmers in the community – an incident that has attracted national and global condemnation last Saturday.
According to to SaharaReporters, the terrorists invaded rice farms on Thursday, shooting sporadically to scare away the residents.
One of the residents, Ishaya Ahmed, said women who were on their way to farm on Thursday first caught a glimpse of the terrorists.
He said, “While some of our women and girls were on their way to the farm on Thursday, they came across the Boko Haram in large numbers, moving in a single line from north to south and, at the sight of the women, they began to shoot sporadically into the air to scare people away.
“So, the women froze at the gunshots and could not proceed to the farms. They had to return. I think the insurgents spared them because they were women. If we, the men, had followed them, they might have killed us.” he added.
Meanwhile, a woman in the community who lost her husband during the attack, said: “We got married eight months ago. I don’t have a child, and I don’t have any business I am doing. I only survive by what my husband makes from the farm.
“At the moment, I am staying with my mother since the death of my husband.” she lamented.
Last week’s gruesome killing by Boko Haram has made Nigerians to call for the sack of service chiefs while the Chief Of Army Staff, General Tukur Buratai stated that the insurgents might persist for about 2 decades in the country.