Many stars have featured in Nollywood movies including members of the 2019 edition of Big Brother Naija tagged ‘Pepper Dem’. Some of the reality TV stars have tried to stay relevant by taking up roles in one of the biggest movie industries in the world, Nollywood.
The 2019 edition winner, Mercy Eke has been unto big things since leaving the Big Brother House. Other housemates such as Tacha, Seyi Awolowo, Mike Edwards, Ike, Kharfi, and so on have also been relevant in their own way.
Some ‘Pepper dem’ housemates have featured in comedy skits with Instagram comedians such as Mercy (with Broda Shaggi), Omashola (Broda Shaggi), Seyi Awolowo (with Mr Macaroni), Tacha (with Sydney Talker) while members such as Mike, Elozonam, Seyi Awolowo, and so on have featured in some of the biggest ads in the country.
As ‘Pepper Dem’ housemates’ reunion comes up in a matter of days, we have to take a look at the ex-housemates who have taken up roles in the biggest screen in Africa i.e. Nollywood.
5 Pepper Dem Housemates in Nollywood Movies
Here are 5 members of the ‘Pepper Dem’ edition of Big Brother Naija that has featured in Nollywood movies till date. They are listed in no particular order:
- Mercy Eke: Lambo, as she’s fondly called, is the first female winner of the Big Brother Naija and the most relevant till date. She has a show with boyfriend, Ike on cable TV. She has featured in one of the biggest music videos as a professional vixen while she also owns properties in one of the biggest hoods in the country. Asides featuring in skits, the Big Brother Naija winner has featured in Toyin Abraham’s star-studded movie titled ‘The Return of Alakada’ along with other celebrities like Davido, Cobhams Asuquo, Broda Shaggi, and so on,
- Khafi: One of the show’s most popular ladies, Khafi has also done well since leaving the Big Brother House. She has been engaged to fellow housemate, Gedoni even though the pandemic has postponed their wedding plans, for now, Kharfi has featured in a Nollywood short movie titled ‘Torn’ which will be released in parts.
- Sir Dee: This ‘Pepper Dem’ housemate has featured in the Nigerian movie industry as an actor. Sir Dee, an ex-banker featured in a 2019 Nollywood movie titled ‘Dear Affy’ along with top Nollywood acts such as Kehinde Bankole, Toyin Abraham, Odunlade Adekola, and so on. He acted as Teni’s (musician) boyfriend in the comedy-drama.
- Diane Russet: Another reality TV star that has taken up roles in Nollywood is Diane Russet. The beautiful and petite housemate featured in the movie titled ‘The Bean Super Hero’ in her debut movie alongside Nigeria-s ex-lawmaker, Senator Dino Melaye.
- Venita Akpofure: Venita is not a new face in the Nigerian entertainment industry as she has featured as a vixen, model, and actress. She has acted a number of roles in Nollywood movies but her most popular role was in ‘AY’s crib’, a movie produced by the popular comedian Ayo Makun. She’s also on a popular series titled ‘Unmarried’.
These are the 5 Pepper Dem housemate of the Big Brother Naija you would see in Nollywood movies till date.
Do share your thoughts on this piece in the comment section. Thanks for following @everyevery.ng