Musical siblings make good sense especially if they are making waves. The Nigerian music industry is made up of talented minds out of which many are blood-related. They say blood is thicker than water, these siblings have made our music better with their inputs.
Music solfa notes i.e. Do, Re, Mi, Fa and so on are always two-letters so it is quite interesting when two siblings are into music.
Some of the Nigerian music artists are born of the same parents and you may even find it difficult to know if they are brothers/sisters in some cases. They might be signed to different record labels and have little or no collaboration(s) with themselves. It will excite you when you find out that your favourite Nigerian musician have a musical sibling. This list of top musical siblings in Nigeria will definitely interest you.
5 Top Musical Siblings in Nigeria
Here is a list of 5 musical siblings in Nigeria you need to know. They are listed in no particular order:
- Jude, Peter & Paul Okoye: This might not come as a surprise to many but the Okoyes have to be included in this list. They have really done great things in the Nigerian music industry. Paul & Peter Okoye are the two members of the crowd-pulling ‘Psquare’ that now becomes Mr. P & Rudeboy in their solo career. Their elder brother, Jude ‘Engees’ Okoye is also a top-notch manager. These brothers are top of the musical siblings you have to know from this part of the world.
- Don Jazzy & D’Prince: Music producer extraordinaire, Michael Collins Ajereh aka Don Jazzy also make this list of musical siblings along with brother, Charles Enebeli aka D’Prince. Just like the solfa note that is made up of two alphabets, Don Jazzy and D’Prince have made name for themselves in Nigerian music industry. Don baba J as Michael Collins is fondly called owns one of the biggest record labels in Africa, Mavins Records which have D’Prince as an artist. Charles Enebeli also have his imprints, Jonzing World Record which is an affiliate of Mavins Record. It has on its label one of the finest music kid in Africa, Rema making great things worldwide.
- Jude & Jesse Abaga: Jude Abaga aka MI is undoubtedly one of the biggest rappers in Africa. Along with brother, Jesse Abaga aka Jesse Jagz, they have pulled big weights as musical siblings in Nigeria. MI Abaga is the boss of the Choc Nation (formerly Chocolate City) that houses Nigeria’s finest rappers in Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince Zamani, and MI himself. The sons of a Jos pastor, Jude & Jesse are musical siblings you need to know about.
- Niniola & Teniola Apata: Both daughters of a late military man, Olaosebikan Apata, Niniola and Teniola Apata are musical siblings you might not know about. Nini came into limelight after coming as a runner up in the MTN Music Project Fame and has since been consistent in doing music. Her talented and prolific multiple award-winning sister, Teni is one of the best female vocalists in Nigeria today. Although we have not seen a musical collaboration yet from the duo, these sisters will blow your mind with their music.
- Olamide & Eniola Adedeji: The Adedejis i.e. Olamide and Eniola completes this list of musical siblings in Nigeria. These talented brothers have really shaken the Nigerian entertainment industry. Rapper & YBNL Nation boss, Olamide is a household name in Nigeria while his brother, Eniola popularly known as DJ EniMoney is the official DJ of YBNL Nation. The duo of Olamide & DJ EniMoney is also musical solfa notes you need to know about.
Other musical siblings worthy of mention are Dbanj & K-Switch, Ikechukwu & Uzi, Segun & Tunde Demuren, and Pee Shaun & Vava Voom (Skuki brothers).
Thanks for reading this entertaining piece. Share your comments with us in the comment section.