There are music collaborations involving Nigerian music artists that have been announced but are yet-to-be-released. These songs featuring A-list artists are to be looked out for by music fans.
‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Beyonce featuring Wizkid & Blue Ivy is one of the top music collaborations in recent times and have won Wizkid an award in the just concluded BET awards. ‘Shekere’ by Yemi Alade featuring Angelique Kidjo is another top music collaboration that deserves a mention.
Nigerian artist has collaborated with their counterparts from other parts of the world in the past. Some of these top collaborations involving Nigerian artists include ‘Flex‘ by 2face feat. R Kelly, ‘Mr Endowed‘ by Dbanj feat. Snoop Dogg, ‘Beautiful Onyinye‘ by Psquare feat. Rick Ross, ‘Come Closer‘ by Wizkid feat. Drake, ‘Blow My Mind’ by Davido feat. Chris Brown and many more.
There are music collaborations that has been anticipated by music fans involving Nigerian artists too. Some of these collaborations has been announced but are yet to be released.
5 Top Music Collaborations To Watch Out For
Here is a list of top music collaborations fans have looked out for since they have been announced by the artists involved. They are listed in no particular order below;
- Drake feat. Rema: Multiple-award-winning Canadian rapper, Drake, in an Instagram live video months ago announced his collaboration with fast-rising Nigerian singer, Rema. He shared the news while listening to Rema’s ‘Dumebi‘ song. He made it clear he’s making a song with Rema after the success of Afrobeat singer, Wizkid in ‘Come Closer‘. Music fans have since been looking out for the release of the song.
- Wizkid feat. Teni: This is a collaboration music lovers have anticipated its release since Wizkid shared the snippet of the song. The song’s intro by multiple award winner, Teni, has got fans asking for more. The beautiful song made by both artists is yet to be released.
- Davido feat. Nicki Minaj: The internet was on fire when DMW boss, Davido announced a collaboration with American female rapper, Nicki Minaj via social media, a few months ago. Music fans have since been waiting for the song to be released.
- Wurld feat. Asa: Afrosoul singer, Wurld, shared a picture of Asa in his studio sometimes ago. The singer announced the musical collaboration with Asa who is considered as one of the best female vocalists in Africa. Wurld, is one of Nigeria’s best singer today. Music fans can’t just wait for the release of the classics they’ve made in the studio.
- Wizkid feat. Tems: Wizkid shared the news of a collaboration with fast-rising singer, Tems, via Twitter few months ago. Music fans have since anticipated the release of the song by the two artists after Tems has delivered in a collaboration with Davido and Khalid.
Do share your thought on this piece in the comment section. Thanks for reading this piece.