The Nigerian music industry is getting bigger by the day as new artists emerge every day. Some of these artists drops a single and fades out while some here to stay.
Afrobeat has become global through the works of artists like Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Olamide, Burnaboy and the rest. There have been new generational artists such as Rema who got some credits from President Barrack Obama and other sensational acts like Fireboy DML and Joeboy.
Despite the works of these aforementioned artists, new artists are coming up to effect changes in the Nigerian music industry through their talents.
5 New Artists to Look out for in Nigerian Music Industry
Here is a look at new artists in the Nigerian music industry that are unto big things. They are listed below in no particular order:
- Tems: One of the female artists coming up in the music industry is singer, Temilade Openiyi with the stage name Tems. She is an alternate R & B singer, songwriter, and record producer. She is highly rated and has had collaborations with top music acts like Wizkid, Davido, and Khalid. Tems have released some singles like ‘Mr Rebel’, ‘Try Me’, and ‘These Days’ that are doing well on music charts.
- Omah Lay: Another breakout artist in the Nigerian music industry is singer, Omah Lay. The young artist has been described as having the melody of Wizkid and lyrical depth of Burnaboy. Omah Lay has released a 5-tracks EP titled ‘Get Layd’ that has been tearing up musical charts currently trending on Apple music, Audiomack, and on multiple playlists on Spotify. You just have to look out for this sensational artist.
- Oxlade: With the real name Ikuforiji Abdulrahman Olaitan, Oxlade is definitely up for big things in the Nigerian music scene. He is currently one of the young new acts tagged to change face of the Nigerian and music industry. Oxlade already had some albums to his name while his latest EP titled ‘Change’ is still doing well on music charts. The ‘Away’ singer is definitely one to look out for in the Nigerian music industry.
- Taiyel: Another name to look out for in the Nigerian music industry is Taiyel with the real name Taiye Lawanson. The Lagos-born female artist is a dancehall/afrobeats singer. She has had a feature on Fox Sports Boxing, HBO Ballers TV and NXT Style Magazine which has been a dream come true for her. Taiyel is gunning for the top dancehall queen in Nigeria and has been staged up with Cynthia Morgan by social media users. You just have to check out her promotional song titled ‘Matter’ and see the stuffs she’s made up.
- Crayon: Don Jazzy’s signee, Crayon completes this list of Nigerian music artists to look out for. Having Rema in the same record label makes it a bright future for Mavins Records. Crayon has released song singles that have enjoyed massive airplay in Nigeria. ‘Mo Bad’ and ‘Kpano’ are few of the artists hottest jam in Nigeria today.
These are the 5 music acts to look out for in the Nigerian music industry. They are definitely taking the Nigerian music industry to greater heights through their works and talents.
Let have your favorite of these artists in the comment section. Thanks for reading this piece.