Many people dream about the Jay Z and Beyoncé kind of celebrity relationship; we’ve seen many Nigerian celebrities in this path although some of this type of celebrity relationship has failed.
Celebrity marriage is one of a kind, those who have had one going fine need to thank their stars because a lot of relationships leading to this have crumbled. We all want to see the 2baba and Annie Macaulay, Banky W and Adesua Etomi, Adekunle Gold and Simi kind of relationship but some of this beautiful relationship between our favourite Nigerian celebrities hasn’t quite worked well.
Love is a beautiful thing; it is more beautiful if two stars combine to form galaxies. Well, it hasn’t worked for some of our Nigerian celebrities in the past and we have to take a lookout at some of these guys that seems to have a chemistry between them but didn’t work.
5 Famous Nigerian Celebrities That Could’ve Been Married
- Dbanj and Genevieve Nnaji: This duo needs no introduction as they unarguably of the biggest celebrities in the Nigerian entertainment scene. Dbanj was all over Nollywood gem, Genevieve Nnaji some years ago. It was as if we are going to have our own Kanye West and Kim Kardashian couple but it didn’t work. Genevieve featured in Dbanj’s ‘Fall in Love’ video and the chemistry was on point. Well, Dbanj is now in a relationship and have a kid while Genevieve, a single mother is yet to be married.
- Falz and Simi: Rapper Falz and songstress seems to be the love birds of the Nigerian music industry because of their chemistry. With many songs between them including an EP titled ‘Chemistry‘ and some magical moments in their videos and posts, we thought both stars would be our next General Kollington Ayinla and Queen Salawa Abeni but it wasn’t the case. Adekunle Gold, another Nigerian celebrity stole Simi’s heart and today they’re awaiting their first child together while Falz is still single.
- Kunle Remi and Adesua Etomi: Nollywood stars, Kunle Remi and Adesua Etomi were said to be in a lowkey relationship known to a few of their colleagues. The adorable pair didn’t make their relationship public but they had things going. Many could have thought they are the next Olu Jacob and Joke Silva only for R’n’B singer turned actor, Bankole Wellington to slide into the beautiful Adesua’s DM. Today, Banky W and Adesua are married while Kunle Remi is still single.
- Flavour and Chidinma: Chinedu Okoli aka Flavour and petite singer, Chidinma looked to share a lot of romance in musical videos and pictures. Although Flavour has kids with baby mamas including the ex-most beautiful girl in Nigeria, Anna Banner, the public seems both artists will one day walk down the aisle. They’ve had a lot of musical projects together including a controversial photoshoot that got people talking. Call that show business, the two beautiful artists have tagged their relationship as ‘Friendship’.
- Timini Egbuson and Sharon Ooja: MTV Shuga actor, Timini Egbuson and actress, Sharon Ooja looked like a beautiful couple but it didn’t work. Many fans and followers of both Nollywood stars thought they would walk down the aisle someday after sharing beautiful times and pictures together. Well, Sharon has come out to say Timini is just a friend and nothing more. Timini is currently in a relationship with 19-year-old Lydia Agahan while Sharon is single and searching.
These are top 5 Nigerian celebrities that could’ve been married but didn’t work out. You could add yours if not listed here or tell us your best Nigerian celebrity couple in the comment section.
Thanks for reading this piece.