Popular Nigerian comedian, Bright Okpocha, better known as Basketmouth today, 14th of September, clocked 42. He is one of the finest comedians Nigeria has produced and has played a huge role in the development of comedy in Nigeria.
Here are 10 Things To Know About Basketmouth As He Clocked 42 Years Today
- Basketmouth was born Bright Okpocha on 14th of September, 1978 in Lagos State.
- He belongs to the Igbo People and hails from Abia State.
- He had his primary and secondary education in Lagos after which he had a degree in Sociology and Anthropology from the University of Benin.
- Basketmouth discovered his first talent as a drummer after which he took up rap music.
- He formed a rap group called ”Da Pyschophats” which had 7 members in 1995 but broke up without releasing any project. He later formed another rap group called ”Da Oddz” ; a group which featured his brother Godwin and Muyiwa Ola-Phillips but didn’t have a breakthrough in rap music. However, Basketmouth has released a song later in his career.
- Basketmouth is famous for stand-up comedy and has featured in Opa William’s ‘A Night of Thousand Laugh‘ show.
- He has organized popular stand-up comedy concerts like ‘Basketmouth Uncensored‘ which takes place in several countries around the world.
- He is also an Instagram comedian and has hosted a comedy challenge on the app called the #TwoThingsChallenge.
- As an actor, Basketmouth has starred in movies as well as TV series among which is ‘My Flatmates’.
- Bright Okpocha married Elsie Uzoma in 2010. Their union is blessed with two kids; Janelle and Jason.
Congratulations to Bright Okpocha aka Basketmouth on the occasion of his 42nd birthday.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.