Zainab Balogun is one of the famed names you would see in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry. She is a born star for WCW; an acronym for Woman Crush Wednesday which is used to tag posts about women that people find attractive or admire. This post about the woman crush (this started on Twitter) is made to trend worldwide by using the hashtag (#) WCW which spread on social networks such Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, and so on.
Zainab Balogun: A Short Bio
Zainab Balogun is a Nigerian actress, model, and television presenter. She currently works as a television presenter for EbonyLife TV, an entertainment television station where she co-hosts and produces a daily hang-out talk show called ‘’The Spot’’. She has also produced shows such as EL now, a daily entertainment news show for the latest in fashion, music and arts. Balogun, apart from being a model has also starred in many movies both home and abroad.
If you need to have a poster woman for the week, then Zainab Balogun is the perfect picture for you. She is a definition of beauty and brain. A screen diva for that matter, you just have to crush on our #WCW who splits her time between Lagos, Nigeria and London in the United Kingdom.
Zainab Balogun: 10 Things to Know About Our WCW
- She was born to Nigerian parents as Zainab Balogun in Clapham, a district of Southwest London, United Kingdom.
- She was born on the 10th of October, 1989.
- Balogun is of Egba clan, a descent of the Yoruba people of Southwest, Nigeria.
- She attended Sacred Heart RC for her Secondary Education before progressing to Christ the King Sixth Form College where she completed her A Levels in Law, Psychology, and English Language & Literature. Balogun also attended the University of Kent, Medway where she received a Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB).
- Zainab started modelling at the age of 16 after being scouted by Premier Models Management.
- She has appeared in shows such as BBC One’s Material Girl, Cocktail, and The Charlatans by Ashley Waters after her LLB.
- Zainab Balogun has dazzled our screen both on TV shows and movies. These include, The Dark Knight Rises, Material Girl, EL Now, Knock Knock, Verdict, Before 30, A Soldier’s Story, The Wedding Party, Ojukokoro (Greed), The Royal Hibiscus Hotel, Chief Daddy and many more.
- She is currently joined by popular host, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu and Lamide Akintobi on The Spot, a daily hang-out talk show.
- She has been nominated and won several awards among which are TV presenter of the Year (2014), On-Air Personality of the Year (2014), Sexist On-Air Personality, and Prize for Acting (2018).
- Zainab Balogun is married to Airways boss, Dikko Nwachukwu. She married the widower in May 2018. The actress in an interview said she was introduced to his husband by popular comedienne, Chigurl.
Give it up to our WCW. You can follow her through her social media pages @Zainab_Balogun on Twitter and @zainabbalogun on Instagram.
Thanks for taking time in reading this piece.