Pupil Who Survived Lagos Building Collapse Laments.

Pupil and three years old Kabiru Sasore who was among the Lagos building collapse Laments. The building collapse which happened just last week at Ita Faji in Lagos Island was top of the most tragic occurances last week. Kabiru Sasore who said that he was eaten in his class when suddenly he heard an explosive sound. Which at first he thought was a bomb.

The boy added that he is afraid going back to school because he does not want to experience the similar incident again. In his comment, “I was eating in my class when my school collapsed, I heard a loud sound, and our school shook and all of us fell on each other. I was afraid and I didn’t want to go to school that day, I later saw a caterpillar. Though I am fine but my back is still painting me and my neck.”

Kabiru’s Aunty, Balikis Muhammed said he was discharged from the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH ) on Thursday. Adding that he is still in medication and has an appointment in the hospital next Thursday.

The Pupil’s Mother.

“His mother, Idera, is still not in good health, recovering from the shock of the incident; she is presently on admission in the hospital. In her comment “When I saw him in the hospital last Thursday, when he woke up in the hospital, what he told us was that they bombed his school, everybody shook and it was not fair. He was shouting the name of his friend from the same school who was by his bed side, that one was asleep but Kabiru continuously shouted his name and was banging on his bed till that one woke up, opened his eyes, shouted Daddy.”

Other Survival’s comment

One the survivals, a Seven years old Farouk Akimbola, in Primary 3, said he was in his class and lectures were ongoing when the incident happened.

In his comment; “We were in the class reading with our teacher when the building suddenly started shaking and it collapsed, I heard a loud sound and I saw pillars coming down. I later saw caterpillar then sand was covering my leg and my head; some people carried and removed me from the sand and took me to the hospital. My leg and my hand are still paining me”.

Farouks’s Aunty, Titilayo Kowobar, said he has been discharged from the hospital. But he is still going for treatment. She said his mother is currently undergoing treatment in the hospital. Titilayo added that, “farousk’s mother is also not in the right frame of mind, because her house has also been demolished. She said in conclusion that currently the family has no where to live; the father hangs around, the mother and Farouk stays with me, while their other children stays else where,”.

Back to top button
EveryEvery We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
Allow Notifications