Many people around the world regard Fridays as the best day of the week. For office workers, this assumption cannot be disputed, it’s a time to ease off the week’s busy and tight schedules. Friday is the beginning of the weekend. ‘Thank God it’s Friday’ is on everyone’s lips this day. The socialites, fun seekers/lovers as well as party-riders are seen in various clubs worldwide having a nice time out on Friday nights.
Several music artistes have therefore recorded and released many songs on the theme ‘Friday’. Music is definitely a dose for the cure of anxieties, depressions or worries. Friday is, therefore, a time to jump and dance to some good vibes and therefore look forward to a thrilling weekend. Friday is the fifth day of the week so I bring to you five songs in no particular order to make you groove on Friday. T
- FREAKY FRIDAY BY LIL DICKY FT. CHRIS BROWN: This particular song by comic-rapper Lil Dicky featuring R’n’B sensation Chtis Brown would make you smile and jump to the beat. The jam was really freaky as Lil Dicky and Chris inter-changed personalities on a Friday night. This is just a freaky tune for a freaky Friday.
- TGIF BY NIKKI WILLIAMS: If you really want to let your hair down, leave the week’s anxieties behind, and celebrate, then ‘Thank God it’s Friday’ by Nikki Williams is just for you. The South African singer and songwriter really know that Friday matters as she recorded the perfect song to start the weekend celebration. Nikki said in the song lyric ‘’Get loose, live life, c’mon’’. You just have to boogie down.
- LAST FRIDAY NIGHT: Award winning American songstress, Katy Perry join the awesome Friday night vibes with the song titled ‘Last Friday Night’. The singer was inspired to write this track after a night of wild partying and streaking. With a remix featuring rapper Missy Elliott, you’ll definitely bounce on the dance floor to this Friday vibe. It is a dance-pop song with lyrics emphasizing on drunken fun and debauchery.
- TGIF BY 9ICE: Nigerian indigenous singer came through with ‘Thank God it’s Friday’ jam in the Nigerian way. A song rendered in Yoruba and pidgin English will sweep you off your feet. The ‘Gongo Aso’ crooner mentioned ‘TGIF’ in the song’s hook in accordance with the beat. Friday night atmosphere is been raised when a disc jockey drops this tune, it’s a call to play for the workaholics.
- FRIDAY NIGHTS BY LADY ANTEBELLUM: This classic country song by the group, Lady Antebellum will make you fall in love with Fridays. This groovy song has in its chorus ‘’I wanna be your Friday night sweet ride’’. This is just a perfect song for Fridays.
Friday is a day to get loose, live life, and show your weird side. Hmm! You know you only live once, once is quite enough if you live it well. Have a wonderful weekend guys!