Anthony Joshua, man of the moment, is the MCM poster will always adore. MCM is an abbreviation for ‘Man Crush Monday’; a phrase used to adore and celebrate men who are found to be attractive or done something tangible. This is done by posting a picture or video, which trends by using the #MCM on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and so on.
Anthony Joshua as the Man of the Moment
British boxer, Anthony Joshua, deserves the accolades as the man of the moment. With a staggering 23 wins out of 24 in the boxing ring, ‘AJ’ as he is fondly called has been a nightmare for his opponents. The 6ft 6 in. boxer is the current world heavyweight champion. He is a two-time unified heavyweight champion, having held the WBA (super), IBF, WBO, and IBO titles since December 2019 and previously between 2016 and June 2019. Anthony Joshua is an easy pick for our #MCM.
Anthony Joshua as Man of the Moment. Things You Need to Know:
- His full name is Anthony Olaseni Oluwafemi Joshua
- He was born on the 15th of October 1989 in Watford, Hertfordshire, England.
- He was born to Yeta and Robert Joshua. His mother a Nigerian while his father is of Nigerian and Irish descent. He is proud of his Nigerian root as he visits from time to time and then samples Nigerian songs before his bouts like that of his kinsman, Fela-Anikulapo-Kuti.
- Joshua spent some of his early years in Nigeria as a boarding student at Mayflower School in Ikenne, Ogun State where he hailed from.
- He made his professional debut as a boxer alongside his cousin, Ben Ileyemi, in 2013.
- AJ has won many medals representing England in boxing championships. He won gold at the 2010 & 2011 English Championships, gold at the Great Britain championship in 2010, silver at the 2011 world championship, and gold at the 2012 Olympic games.
- He has fought 24 times on the ring as a professional boxer. He won 23 times and lost 1. 22 of the wins are by Knockouts.
- In 2017, his victorious fight against Wladimir Klitschko was named Fight of the Year by the Ring and the Boxing Writer Association of America.
- Joshua is ranked as the world’s best active heavyweight by BoxRec and third by The Ring Magazine and Transnational Boxing Ranking Board. He is also ranked as the eight best active boxer by BoxRec.
- Anthony Joshua is single. The 30-year-old handsome man is rumored to be in a relationship with Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola’s daughter, DJ Cuppy.
Give it up for the man of the moment! You can follow the day-to-day activities of our #MCM by following his latest posts on Twitter @anthonyfjoshua and on Instagram @anthonyjoshua.
Thanks for taking time in reading this piece.